Automatically retreive MMS message can be very dangerous for your phone. This is because there are so many malicious softwares around that abuse such automatic functions. For example, there is now a malware named “Stagefright”, which uses the automatic retrieve of MMS messages as the ways to spread across Smartphones.
To avoid being infected by a malwarte sent through MMS, you neeed to disable the auto retrieve mode in MMS seting.
Here, we will let you know the tips to disable auto retrival of MMS messages on the Samsung Galaxy S6, as follows:
- In your home screen, please open Menu.
- Next, please open the Android Messages app.
- After that, please navigate in the upper right corner. There will be option of “More” here.
- Please select it, from which a pop-up menu “Settings” will appears.
- Please select More settings.
- After that, please select Multimedia Messages.
- Here, you will se the option “Auto retrieve”.
- Please change the slider from “on” to “off” to disable the automatic downloading of MMS.
- You have disabled the auto retrival mode in your MMS setting.
Here are the tips to deactivate on your Samsung Galaxy S6 the Auto retrieve option within the Android messages app.
Please have a try to increase the security of your phones from malware.
Category: Tips & Tricks