For your information, we have observed that the Android 5.1.1 official update is now live for all the Samsung Galaxy S6 users in Korea on SK Telecom. The version number of the update is Android 5.1.1 G920SKSU2COH7. It has come for satisfying the users in Korea with many things borrowed from the interface of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
Here, we will share you the tips to manually install the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update for Korean Samsung Galaxy S6. Please note that this manual tips only works with the Korean version of the Samsung Galaxy S6. Usually, it is indicated from the model number of your phone, which is usually numbered at SM – G920S. You can check to make sure about the version of your Smartphone by going to your home screen, and then coming to Settings, then taping “About Phone”. The information about the version of your Smartphone will be available there.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update
Here are the tips you should do, as follows:
- Please download the Samsung USB Drivers from here
- After that, please install them on your PC
- Before starting to the next steps, please make sure to disable Samsung KIES if you have it installed on your device.
- Please also enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options. This can be done through several simple steps, as follows:
- Please go to the home screen of your Samsung Smartphone.
- Please tap the Menu.
- Please go to Settings.
- Please tap About Phone.
- Please tap seven times on the Build Number section.
- After that, please return to Settings after you unlocked the Developer Options menu and open it.
- Now, please find the USB Debugging option and enable it.
- After that, please flash Android 5.1.1 G920SKSU2COH7 Lollipop for Korean Galaxy S6 G920S in your Smartphone with the following steps:
- Please download the G920SKSU2COH7 Android 5.1.1 from here.
- Once the download is complete, please extract the contents and save them on your computer.
- After that, please download the Odin3 v3.10.6 from here.
- Please extract the archived files on your PC.
- Please go to your phone, and please power off the phone.
- After that, please boot your phone in Download Mode.
- In the mean time, please launch Odin exe on your computer.
- Please connect your Smartphone to your PC with USB cable.
- Please wait until Odin detects your Smartphone device.
- After that, please return to Odin’s main screen.
- Please disable the ‘re-partition’ option.
- Watch the Odin, and here please click the ‘AP’ option.
- After that, please browse your PC for the G920SKSU2COH7 tar.md5 firmware file
- Please load that file Odin.
- Please note that you should not edit any other default Odin changes.
- After that, please Press START when you are ready to initiate the Android 5.1.1 update process. Please note that you should not press any buttons until all the files are successfully installed.
- When the update is done, then Odin will show the PASS alert.
- After that, your Smartphone will automatically reboot after all the new files are flashed
- Please unplug your Smartphone from PC after the ‘optimizing apps’ screen is shown.
- After everything is finished, please use your usual login info in order to regain control over your device.
- You have been successfully installed an Update of Android Lollipop 5.1.1 in your Smartphone.
These are the tips to manually update Android Lollipop 5.1.1 in the Korean Samsung Smartphone.
We hope that these tips are helpful for you.
Category: Tips & Tricks