If you are the users of Samsung Galaxy S6 with the model number SM-G920F, do you want to hear such a good news now? If yes, just let us to give you the news. Since now, you can update the handsets to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. The firmware build number is G920FXXU2BOFL.
What is new in the update? We have checked the update, and find that it include some useful improvements, like fixing bugs, as well as new features such as support for RAW and lower ISO values for third-party camera applications. The new Lollipop firmware can be found in through Samsung Kies, or as an over-the-air (OTA) update.
In case you do not want to go though OTA and prefer to update manually, here we will provide you the ways to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update on the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F manually. Please note that you have to flash the firmware file using Odin.
Before doing this manual update, please read carefully the following key aspects. All personal data on the handset must have proper backup
- USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S6 must be installed on the computer
- The phone must enable USB debugging
- The battery power of your smartphone should at least 80 percent
- Please check again to make sure that the model number SM- G920F is in your Samsung Galaxy S6
- Version: Android 5.1.1
- PDA: G920FXXU2BOFL
- Model: SM-G920F
- CSC: G920FOJV2BOEE
- Changelist: 5012324
Follow step by step to do manual update below:
- Please Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for the Galaxy S6. After that, please extract the zip file.
- Please Download Odin and extract the zip file. Please note that the file name will be Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
- Please run Odin3 v3.10.6.exe as an Administrator.
- Please press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together to Switch off the Galaxy S6 and boot it into Download Mode. Once you got a warning screen, press Volume Up button.
- After that, simply connect the Galaxy S6 to the computer via the USB cable. In Odin, an “Added!!” message will appear in the Log box in bottom left. The first box under ID:COM will show a code with blue background.
- Click on the AP/PDA button on Odin and select the extracted .tar.md5 firmware file to add the firmware file into Odin.
- Please make sure that the “Re-Partition” option is disabled while “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” checkboxes are selected in Odin.
- To begin flashing the firmware on the Galaxy S6, please click on the Start button in Odin.
- The Galaxy S6 will reboot automatically after the installation is completed. You will get a PASS message on Odin after successful installation of the firmware.
- Everything is finished. Please unplug the handset from the computer.
Category: Tips & Tricks