People usually establish lock screen security mechanism in their Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge through several ways, like making Pattern, PIN, Password, Fingerprint, and so on. These way will keep your phone confidential and secure from the outsider.
However, what to do if you forget the lock screen Pattern, PIN, Password, or your Fingerprint? Or, in any case, what to do if your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge do not accept your password? Of course, this means that you are locked out of your phone.
Here, we will let you know what to do if you are facing such a case. There are two options of simple ways you can do to unlock the Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge without losing any data, as follows.
The first option, you can unlock Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge via Samsung Find My Mobile
Find My Mobile is an application made by Samsung to enable remote device management service. This app can may become the best way to unlock your Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge. To be able to use this service, you need to have a Samsung account, and should have enabled the Find My Mobile service on your device.
To activate the Samsung Find My Mobile service in your phone, what you have to do is:
- Please go to: Device Settings menu > Lock screen > Security
- After that, please tap on Find My Mobile option and provide your Samsung account details.
- Please ensure that the “Remote control” option is turned on.
Once you have activated the service in your Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge, please do the followingstep by step to unlock the device:
- Use your computer to open the website of Samsung Find My Mobile
- Please sign in with your Samsung Account details
- After that, please click on the Registered device option. In the list, please locate your Galaxy S6
- Please make sure that the Connection and Remote controls are on
- After that, please click on the Unlock my Device option
- By doing those steps, you can access your phone through the website. In a while, you will get a feedback message on the screen, stating “The screen is unlocked. Setup screen lock on the device.”
- Finally, your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge can be unlocked. The lock screen security will be reset as swipe.
The second option, you can unlock Galaxy S6 with your Google Account
This is the most simple ways to unlock your device. In any cases when you have entered an incorrect Password, Pattern, PIN or Fingerprint maximum times, you will be prompted to enter your Google Account login details. By doing this, you can unlock your phone again.
In any case, you may have setup two-step authentication in your phone. If yes, what you have to do is to visit Google’s security site through the computer, and then generate a one-time password to enter on your phone.
Category: Tips & Tricks